Did your disability insurance policy fail to provide your entitled benefits? If you are qualified under ERISA and under the policy for benefits, what can you do when the insurance company or employer refuses to pay? When an insurer does not meet its obligations to policy holders, the policy holders may have the right to file a bad faith insurance lawsuit.
An insurer may be responsible for bad faith actions by:
- Failure to communicate pertinent information to the claimant
- Failure to conduct a reasonable investigation of the claim
- Failure to deny or pay the claim within a reasonable period of time
- Failure to promptly provide a reasonable explanation for denial of a claim
- Offering substantially less money to settle than the true value of the claim
- Refusal to pay the claim without investigating
Talk to a Pennsylvania disability insurance attorney at Fenner & Boles. We know the laws, we know your rights, and we have the ability to fight insurance companies to see that they meet their obligations under the law.